Director of Community Impact
Director of Community Impact
The Director of Community Impact is primarily a fundraiser and invites current and prospective donors to invest in the mission of Junior Achievement of Central Iowa. This position oversees sponsorships/grants, special events, and donor and marketing initiatives to “tell and sell” JA’s impact in Central Iowa.
We believe in the boundless potential of young people, relevant and experiential learning, and the power of partnership. Our mission is to empower Central Iowa students with an entrepreneurial mindset, financial capability, and a foundation for career success so that they can create a bright and fulfilling future. Through our volunteer network, we connect business and school communities to deliver relevant, inspiring, and standard-aligned educational experiences for K-12th-grade students. Our 501(c)3 non-profit is supported annually by our partners who see Junior Achievement youth as the talent pipeline that will advance companies, communities, and the economy.
The below values are the guiding characteristics that define our organization's culture.
· POSITIVE ENERGY: Exhibits enthusiasm about the JA Mission when talking to staff and others. Displays a "can-do" attitude, is level-headed, and effectively responds to shifting priorities, changes, challenges, and setbacks.
· FLEXIBILITY: Effectively responds to shifting priorities, change, challenges and setbacks; makes an effort to accommodate personal styles and needs.
· INTEGRITY: Demonstrates sound ethical behavior that builds confidence and trust of coworkers and external constituents, and other business contacts. Operates without hidden agendas and always accepts responsibility for own actions. Emphasizes the importance of accuracy in all work products.
· EXCELLENCE: Focuses on continuously improving the way work is done. Understands that the status quo often means "falling behind." Strives for "customer delight" when delivering value to various JA stakeholders.
· TEAM PLAYER: Respects the perspectives and talents of each staff member and all constituents. Collaborates with others to achieve team and overall organizational priorities; involves others to prevent and solve conflict; shares risk and recognition.
Designs and oversees a “Moves Management” pipeline program to maximize donor/partnership impact
Prioritizes and secures donor visits; captures notes in BCRM
Tracks and updates assignments in The List
Collaborates with donor prospects and determines the best-matched appeal to present
Submits grants and proposals
Follows up in a timely fashion
Serves as staff lead for the following board committees: Emerging Leaders, JA Golf Classic, JA Bowl-a-Thon, JA Stock Market Challenge, and Marketing.
Ensures special events meet or exceed budgeted goals
At times, serves as organization representative at company/community presentations to grow awareness for JA’s mission.
Leads, manages and holds direct reports accountable. Some of their responsibilities include JA Finance Park volunteer recruitment, website, social media, design, and donor database.
Ensures donor and event marketing initiatives align with organizational mission
Assists with the preparation of the revenue and expense budget and cash flow projections, including the tracking of event revenues, expenses, and budget adjustments
Assists the President in preparation/follow-up for other proposals to funders as needed
Serve as a member of the JA of Central Iowa leadership team, participating in EOS meetings and leadership initiatives to help guide the organization's strategic plan
Other projects and duties as required
The above position description is neither all-inclusive nor an implied contract of duties performed. It is a general overview of position responsibilities.
Strong relationship-building/management skills
Competitive and results-driven
Demonstrated ability to create and execute strategy to achieve desired results
Exceptional customer-focused service
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Presentation and follow-up skills
Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment
Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills.
2+ years of relevant professional experience in Constituent Relations, Fundraising/Sales, Marketing, PR or Events Management
Associate’s degree or higher or industry certification