Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
Full Job Description
Facilitate and lead daily operations of JA BizTown simulations and assist in volunteer trainings associated with JA BizTown. Act as a resource to students, volunteers, and educators. Basic skills include strong speaking and presentation skills, excellent oral communication and the ability to train and work in a fast-paced environment.
1. Manage simulation day efficiently and effectively when students are present by leading simulation process on the microphone.
2. Prepare for simulation by following morning set-up guidelines before volunteers arrive and afternoon cleaning and re-set procedures once students leave.
3. Ensure facility safetly protocols are maintained.
4. Act as first line of contact for simulation specialists.
5. Understand how to troubleshoot computer issues and/or reach out to IT for assistance. Store and charge all tablets after each simulation.
6. Assist Senior Manager - Experiential Learning as needed with the JA BizTown software by setting up daily simulations and running reports.
7. Facilitate morning volunteer training and check-in.
8. Monitor inventory of simulation materials and forms. Order needed supplies and/or inform Senior Manager - Experiential Learning of supply needs.
9. Communicate potential problems, questions/concerns, etc.
10. Assist with JA BizTown Summer Camp (3 sessions per summer).
11. Assist with JA Special Events: JA Stock Market Challenge, JA Golf Classic, JA Inspiration Event, and JA Bowl-A-Thon as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, degree in education preferred
· Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
· Detail oriented, Proactive, and able to adapt
· Excellent oral and written communication, facilitation, and organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
· Positive attitude
· Computer/tablet understanding
Job Type: Part-time
Employee assistance program
Paid time off